Small business owners use the QuickBooks invoice template to ease the invoicing process. With the help of invoice templates, you can save time. You must send your client or customer an invoice as a formal document. What if you already have a pre-made invoice list?
The whole process will become easier for you. Invoices play an important role in any business. A good invoice creates a professional image and improves business growth. An unprofessional invoice creates a bad image in the eyes of your client or customer.
Any business owner who wants to increase sales must use a professional invoice template. If you don’t know how to use the invoice template of QuickBooks, keep reading this post till the end.
What Is A QuickBooks Invoice Template?
It is a pre-made invoice professionally designed for users. It is a commercial document that is sent to the client or customer. QuickBooks have various invoice templates made for different purposes. Every invoice is customizable as per your business needs. The templates are suitable for preparing Sales, Proforma, Recurring, and Interim invoices. You can easily customize the invoices with simple steps.
Features Of Invoice Templates Of QuickBooks
Every template brings different features. You can download the invoice template in Word, Excel, Google, and PDF formats. Here are the following features you will receive in pre-made invoice templates:
- Available in different formats like Proforma, Freelance, Commercial, etc.
- Contains all the professional invoice elements.
- Calculate the total amounts automatically.
- Customizable according to different business needs.
- All invoice templates are printable.
- Tracks payments.
Items To Include In Your Invoice
Once you use them, you must know which items to include.
Here is the list of items you must add to your invoice:
- Your Company’s logo.
- Invoice number.
- Payment method.
- Business name, address, contact, and tax information.
- Tax number( in case of VAT/GST).
- Customer name, address, and contact details.
- Payment terms of the invoice.
- Invoice details like Quantity, price per unit, date, and digital signature.
How To Create Invoice Templates In QuickBooks?
You can also create your own QuickBooks online invoice template. Here are the steps you need to follow to create an invoice template:
- Firstly, log in to your QuickBooks account.
- After that, select the Settings icon.
- Now, select the Company and click on Custom Form Styles from the drop-down menu.
- Then, select the New Style in the top-right corner.
- Moreover, click on the New Invoice button.
- Next, name your Invoice Template.
- Click on the Dive In With New Template option.
- Select the template you want to use for your invoice.
- Customize the invoice logo, font, and color as you need.
- To save the template, click on the Save button.
How To Create An Invoice From Scratch In QuickBooks?
You can also create an invoice from scratch in QuickBooks. Here are the steps you need to create an invoice in Quickbooks:
- First of all, log in to your QuickBooks account.
- Go to the Customers menu and select Create invoices option.
- After that, select a Customer or job from the drop-down menu.
- If you don’t have a customer or job on the list, then select Add new option.
- Fill out the details in the form like Date invoice, Sold to/Bill to, terms, and payment method.
To apply a discount to your invoice, follow the steps below:
- Firstly, go to the Lists menu from the home screen.
- After that, select the Item List from the menu.
- Now, select the New option after right-clicking on the screen.
- Then, select the Discount option from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your Item number and Description in the field.
- In the Amount% field, enter the percentage of the discount.
- Go to the Account drop-down menu and choose the Income account you want to use.
- Moreover, select the Tax code for the invoice item.
- Finally, click on the Save & Close button.
How To Edit Invoice Templates In QuickBooks?
Most people don’t know how to edit invoice templates in QuickBooks. As a result, they prepare a different invoice for the client every time. You can edit them easily as per your needs.
You have an option to customize the whole invoice template with a few clicks.
Here are the steps to edit the Invoice template in QuickBooks:
- First of all, log in to your QuickBooks accounts.
- From the dashboard, click on Sales and select the Invoices option.
- Select the invoice from the list you wish to edit.
- Edit the design and content. Click on the Pencil icon.
- Click on the Logo menu to upload the logo of your company.
- Finally, select Save changes.
Edit Invoice Number In QuickBooks Invoice Template
Follow the steps below:
- Firstly, select the Gear icon on the top toolbar.
- After that, choose the Company or Account from the menu.
- Now, click on Settings.
- Then, select the Sale menu and click on the Edit icon.
- Next, check the box to go to the Custom transaction numbers option.
- Finally, click on the Save button.
Edit The Products In The QuickBooks Invoice Template
To edit the products in the QuickBooks Edit Invoice Template, follow the steps below:
- First of all, Log In to your QuickBooks account.
- Click on the File from the dashboard.
- After that, click on the Restore Company option.
- Now, select Open A Company Files and the Next button.
- Next, go to the Customer Center and select the invoice you want to edit.
- Double-click on the template and choose the Product Field option.
- Edit the product details and click on the Save button.
- In the end, click on the Done button.
How To Change Invoice Templates In QuickBooks?
QuickBooks invoice template allows you to customize it whenever you want. You can customize the invoice template as per your business needs.
Follow the steps below to know how to change the invoice template in QuickBooks online:
- First of all, open your QuickBooks account.
- From the menu bar, click on the Customers option.
- After that, select the Create Invoices option from the drop-down menu.
- Click on a Print Preview button to see how your current invoice looks.
- Now, select Customize from the drop-down menu.
- Then, click on the Manage Templates button.
- Next, select the template you want and click OK to open it.
- Choose the Customization Preference from the window.
- Click on the Print Preview button to see the changes on the screen.
- Finally, click on the OK & Save button.
Small business owners focus on using pre-made invoice templates to save time. The QuickBooks invoice template is easy to use and professionally designed to meet every business need. You can easily customize these invoice templates as per your own needs. It means you don’t need to prepare a new template every time you decide to send an invoice to a client or customer.
The above post includes the steps to create, edit, and change invoice templates in QuickBooks. If you have difficulty using the invoice templates, you can call our experts for support. MWJ Consultancy provides software support services in industry-leading accounting software. Our certified technicians are available 24/7 to solve software errors and issues. We offer our support services in QuickBooks, Quickens, TurboTax, TurboTax, Sage, Xero, KashFlow, etc.
To know more, contact us now.
Frequently Asked Questions
To create an invoice template in QuickBooks online, follow the steps below:
- Login to your QuickBooks online account.
- Now, click on the Gear icon in the top-right corner.
- Then, find the Company’s column and click on Custom form styles.
- After that, click on New style and select the Invoice option.
- Name your Invoice template and select the template you want to use.
- Customize the template as per your need.
- Finally, click on the Done button.
Follow the steps given below:
- From the top menu, select Lists.
- Now, select the Templates from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the template you want to edit. Double click on the template.
- Select the Edit template option.
- Change the details in the invoice template as per your needs.
Finally, click on the Save changes button.
To download the invoice template in PDF format, follow the steps below:
- Firstly, Go to the Sales menu.
- Now, select Invoices Tab.
- Open the invoice you want to download.
- Next, click on the Print or Preview button.
- After that, select the Folder where you want to save the PDF file.
Finally, click on the Save button.