Most small and medium-sized businesses use QuickBooks because of its outstanding features and convenience. Businesses who use QuickBooks for sending emails can sometimes face problems such as QuickBooks won’t send emails.
So, is this email problem common, and can it be solved? Yes, many people face email issues while using QuickBooks, and there can be many reasons you are facing this problem too.
To solve this, we request that you continue reading this blog. We have discussed why this problem happens and how you can resolve this issue in QuickBooks.
Let’s start by knowing why email issue happens in QuickBooks.
Reasons For Quickbooks Not Sending Emails
There can be many reasons why you aren’t able to send invoices to your customers. Mainly the email issues occur when:
- Domain admin is blocked.
- Wrong settings of email preference.
- QuickBooks installation is done incorrectly or damaged.
- Wrong email settings.
- Incorrect Outlook Installation.
- MAPI32.dll file is damaged.
- Outlooks start in the background when the user sends emails.
Steps To Follow In Order To Solve The Quickbooks Emails Issue
Here we have mentioned various solutions to solve the email issue. Suppose your problem doesn’t get solved after following these steps. In that case, you can visit MWJ Consultancy for their expert services. Just fill out our contact form, and we will connect you with an expert to help you with the email issue.
Method 1: Ensuring That Quickbooks Isn’t Running As An Administrator
- Firstly, right-click on the QuickBooks icon on your desktop.
- Now, select the “Properties” option.
- After that, click on the “Compatibility” tab.
- In case the “Run this program as an administrator” is running on your system, you have to “Unselect” it. (If the tab has a gray color, first select the “Show Settings for All Users.”)
- Now, hit the “OK” button.
- Finally, restart your QuickBooks account, which will solve the problem of the QuickBooks won’t send emails.
Method 2: Make Sure Email Preference Is Set Correctly In Quickbooks
Before we start with the second solution, check if you are a user of Microsoft Outlook. In case you are using the Microsoft Exchange Server, it’s important that you sign in before starting the set preferences in QB.
- Firstly, head to the “Edit” section from the QB dashboard.
- Now, select the “Preferences” option.
- From there, choose “Send Forms.”
- Next, tap on the “My Preferences” tab.
- Now, set “Send E-mail using” with the option you prefer.
- After that, hit on the “OK” button.
- If the preference is set correctly, you must follow these steps:
- Firstly, click the “Edit” tab.
- Next, choose the “Preferences” option.
- From there, select the “Send Forms” option.
- Now, click on the tab “My Preferences.”
- After that, select the “QuickBooks E-mail” option.
- Next, hit the “OK” button.
- Now, tap on “Edit” and from there click on “Preferences.
- After that, choose “Outlook” and press the “OK” button.
- Next, you have to close every program and QuickBooks.
- Now, restart your windows and restart your QuickBooks as well.
- Finally, you can email any report.
Method 3: Make Sure Email Preference Is Correctly Set In Internet Explorer
- Firstly, close your QuickBooks on your desktop.
- Next, open “Internet Explorer” on your system.
- Now, navigate to the “Tools” bar.
- From there, select the “Internet options.”
- Now, tap on the “Programs” tab.
- Next, check if you have the correct email program as the default email program.
- After that, turn off the “Internet Explorer” browser.
- Finally, open your QuickBooks and email any report you like.
Method 4: Repair And Test MAPI32.dllFollow these steps to test and repair this file.
Using Microsoft Word for testing the functionality of MAPI32.dll
- Firstly, restart your computer and reopen your Windows.
- Now, start a document in Microsoft Word.
- Click on the “File” tab.
- Next, select the “send option.
- From there, choose the “Email as PDF document” option.
- If you don’t face any error, call for technical support.
- If you face an error, call Microsoft Help and Support in order to solve any problem related to Office Suite or Outlook and the settings of MAPI.
- After getting the issue solved, email your report.
- Turn off all the “Windows” tabs and tap on the “Windows Start” option.
- Head to “Computer,” and from there, navigate “C:\Windows\System32.”
- Now, double-click on “Fixmapi.exe file” and continue following the instructions on the screen.
- Once the “Fixmapi.exe” stops working, restart the computer.
Renaming MAPI32.dllDo this process only if the repairing MAPI32.dll fails.
- Firstly, turn off all the programs.
- From “File explorer,” head to “C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033.”
- Now, rename the “MAPI32.dll” to “MAPI32.dll.OLD”
- Next, restart the computer and run the “Fixmapi.exe” command again.
- Finally, once the “Fixmapi.exe” stops running, restart the computer.
Method 5: Reinstalling Quickbooks By Using The Clean Install Tool
- Firstly, close every web page and app once you save all your work.
- Next, click the “Start” button and enter “Task Manager” in the search bar.
- Now, end all the QuickBooks processes from the “Task Manager” window.
- After that, rename all the QB program files and applications using the clean install tool.
- Now, restart the computer.
- Search for the folders that aren’t renamed and rename them manually.
- After that, uninstall your QB accounting software and reboot your computer.
- Make sure to keep the license and product number safe.
- Now, insert the installation disk into the computer’s disc drive or download one from your browser.
- Run the installation program and follow the screen instructions.
- Next, open your QuickBooks and reactivate the software.
- Head to the “Help” section and update the QuickBooks desktop.
- Finally, open the QuickBooks organization file and try if you can send an email or not.
Method 6: Repairing Outlook
- Firstly, go to Windows in the system, and start Control Panel.
- After doing that, tap on “Programs.”
- Next, tap “Programs” again or press “Uninstall a program.”
- Now, search and click on the “Microsoft Outlook” program from the screen list.
- After that, from the uninstall wizard, tap the change/uninstall option and press the repair tab.
- Follow the steps on the screen to correct the MS Outlook program.
- After that, tap on the finish tab.
- Once the process gets over, send an email from QB to Outlook and see if the email issue is fixed or not.
Method 7: Not Having Primary Interop AssemblyNormally, this issue happens when the user installs the QuickBooks program before downloading Microsoft Office.
- Firstly, check the directory “C: \ Program Files (×86) \ Intuit Statement Writer 20XX XX.” It will be the version you have for QB on your desktop.
- Next, execute the vstor.exe file if the directory is there in the system.
- Running the program will install the assembly, which is not there.
Method 8: Verify QB Compatibility With The Version Of Microsoft Outlook
- Firstly, check the software version you are currently using.
- If you are using an updated version, check if your Microsoft version is compatible with your current accounting software or not.
- If the version is not the same, it is recommended to update the Microsoft product.
- After that, verify if the issue is solved or not.
Method 9: Updating The Microsoft Outlook Program
- Firstly, tap on the ‘file’ tab.
- Next, select the account option.
- After that, go to the Product information.
- Now, select “Update Options.”
- Next, tap on “Update now to start with the update.
- You will receive a notification after the update gets over.
- Finally, check if you can send emails or not.
ConclusionSo, we hope the above steps were able to solve your QuickBooks won’t send emails issue. All the steps mentioned above are tried and tested and work for most QuickBooks users. However, if you are still facing an email error, we suggest you seek expert assistance. MWJ Consultancy offers the best expert services for accounting software errors and issues. We provide services for QuickBooks, TurboTax, Xero, Sage, etc. Call us at +1 877 469 0298 to get our expert services right away. Got a query? Drop us an email at email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
Select Email from any transaction or report that you have in QuickBooks. After that, click “Send. You may get a tab asking for your Intuit credentials. Click “Continue” in the authorization window. Finally, click “Allow.”
QuickBooks no longer uses Gmail to send out forms.
- Firstly, ensure that access to less secure applications is on.
- Next, turn off the two-step verification feature from the Gmail account.
- Now, verify the SMTP information in QuickBooks. Head to Edit > Preferences.
- Finally, tap on “Send Forms.”
You have to change the system permissions in order to get rid of this error.
- Turn on your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now press the “F2” key from your keyboard.
- After that, press the “F3” key to head to the Tech Help window.
- Next, head to the “Open File” tab.
- Now search and select “QBM.”
- After that, add a fresh line to the bottom text.
- Head to “File” and choose “Save.”
- Finally, close all windows and start QuickBooks again.